Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Sore Throat - Cold - Coughing - Sneezing

After finishing the buddy run last Thursday, I started to feel sore throat and sneezing. I kept on taking dayquil during the day time and nyquil during the night time, but the symptoms kept getting worse. They were the worst during last weekend so I skipped OYO (On Your Own) run with my buddies. With some more rest on Monday, I was ready to get back in the groove again. So, yesterday, I joined the team at College of San Mateo for the track workout. Boy, was it windy. Even while driving to the CSM tracks my car was swaying and I had to drive with a firm grip. I knew the wind gusts were bad but had no clue that it would be that bad. After coming home, I saw the news that the wind gusts were as high as 60-70 miles / hour. It made the truck trailer over turn on the San Mateo bridge and a fishing boat lost power and it kept on hitting the San Mateo bridge from the bottom due to the wind and the choppy waters. They had to close the bridge for the night. I am so proud of the team that despite such conditions, we trained and finished our session. Now, I have to make sure the cold is completely gone by the weekend so that I finish the 12 miles hill run strong.

The College of San Mateo track and field is in the hills off of highway 92. Its a beautiful track over looking almost the entire Silicon Valley. On a beautiful night, we also get to see the moon rise over the bay. We are so blessed with such beautiful locations that workouts become much more bearable. Imagine running around the same path with no views and worse weather. Ukhhh..

Also, I am very happy that the fund raising is going strong. Thank you everyone who has donated. I am already at about 32% and with the matching donations, will get close to 50%, but need to re-invigorate the fund raising to make sure I at least meet the target. I have barely 50 more days to go for fund raising.

Go Team!!

1 comment: